Consider celebrating your dad by donating to an organization that reflects his interests. Donating to a cause that he cares about is the perfect way to demonstrate your care for him–this way, you can make an impact in his life and the lives of many others. Give the gift of giving this Father’s Day: honor your dad by donating to a cause in his name.
UniversalGiving makes finding the perfect gift easy and worry-free by providing you with numerous high-quality giving opportunities. Each of the organizations on our website has been thoroughly researched and vetted according to the highest standards of quality, transparency, and trust. Through UniversalGiving, you can rest assured that you are giving to the most worthy and credible of causes. We are proud to say that 100% of donations through UniversalGiving go to your chosen cause.
So what is your dad interested in? Give the gift of giving today:
- Is a good education one of the best gifts your father has given to you? Honor that legacy by donating to one of the causes below.
- Shirley Ann Sullivan Educational Foundation. Education is the best gift: just $25 can help a child immensely by providing him or her with money to pay for school fees and food.
- Develop Africa. Girls in sub-Saharan Africa face the widest gender disparity when it comes to education. Your gift of $25 will help provide a scholarship, books, and school supplies for a girl in Sierra Leone.
- If healthcare is important to your dad, consider donating to one of the causes below.
- Uganda Village Project. In the Iganga District of Uganda, less than half of all households have functional latrines. A gift of just $40 can equip 20 households with tippy taps, a handwashing device that prevents the spread of infectious disease.
- World Food Program USA. WFP is the world’s largest hunger relief organization. A gift of just $15 can provide a month’s supply of emergency food to a person in need.
- If your father cares deeply about the arts, consider giving a gift to
- Selamta Family Project. A $1200 gift provides an abandoned child with a home at Selamta and an education at a local private school for a whole year. This child will be exposed to artistic opportunities like trips to museums.
- Cultural Canvas Thailand. Cultural Canvas Thailand’s artistic outreach program, Art Relief International (ARI), believes in providing a voice for individuals through artistic expression. ARI believes art is a tool for change–with your gift, ARI can continue to provide a voice to the vulnerable people of Northern Thailand.
- Is your dad committed to protecting our environment or its animals? If so, consider donating to one of the below organizations.
- Osa Conservation. A gift of just $10 goes towards planting a tree and restoring the rainforest in the Osa Peninsula of southwestern Costa Rica. Plant a tree today for the forest of tomorrow!
- In Defense of Animals- Africa. A gift of $300 will help IDA-Africa care for an orphaned chimpanzee whose mother was killed for the illegal bush meat trade. Help provide a sanctuary for these noble animals!
- Osa Conservation. Give $20 to protect the sea turtle population of Costa Rica from harmful poaching and predation. Osa Conservation protects these endangered animals by monitoring and patrolling nesting beaches.
- If your dad is loves technology, one of the below organizations could be a perfect fit.
- Nepal Orphans Home Inc. NOH provides life-changing sustainable technologies to Nepalese villagers. A gift of $25 or $50 goes towards teaching villagers how to make briquette stoves, which reduces their dependence on wood, improves air quality, and empowers villagers.
- Benetech. Benetech’s SocialCoding4Good brings together communities of individuals and corporate social responsibility teams from companies like Cisco, Google, and more to volunteer their technical skills to nonprofit partners that develop and maintain free and open source software addressing critical social problems.
- Develop Africa. It’s estimated that 80% of the African population does not have access to computers. Technology plays a huge role in empowering individuals and qualifying them for better jobs. A gift of $100 goes towards providing computers to schools in Sierra Leone.