It’s World Water Week and this year’s theme is wastewater. About 80% of the water we use goes down the drain. The water we don’t use flows back into nature and pollutes the environment. Take this quiz to find out if you are a water waster.
Here are some ways to conserve water!
- When washing dishes by hand or brushing your teeth, don’t let the water run.
- Use dishwashers. They use less water than washing dishes by hand.
- Use a reusable water bottle when drinking, even at home. This reduces the number of glasses that you need to wash.
- When you scrape pots and pans clean, soak them instead of letting the water run.
- Throw food, oils, and trash in the garbage, not down the sink. Limit your use of the garbage disposal.
- Water plants only when they need it because more plants die from overwatering than underwatering.
- Use your extra sink water or bathtub water to water your plants or wash your car.
There’s a lot we can do to conserve water. For World Water Week also consider giving to people who do not have access to clean water.
You can provide solar powered running water for orphans in Africa here.
Visit Water Use it Wisely to learn more water saving strategies